Great news, fellow explorers!
The Free Trial for LEGO Universe is now available! Mac or PC, young or old, rich or not-so-rich, ANYONE can download the game and give it a whirl in the first two zones of the Universe, which – by the way – were expanded to keep things interesting!
1. Click here to download LEGO Universe.
2. Once the game is downloaded, it should be available on your Desktop, or in the area you specified. Open the installer and follow the steps to install the game.
3. Once the game is finished installing, you should see a shortcut to LEGO Universe either on your Desktop or within your Applications folder. Double click it to start the program.
4. The program that appears is known as the Patcher. It will start downloading the contents of the game, but in the meantime you’ll want to activate the game!
• If you already have a LEGO.com account, simply enter your account details into the Username and Password fields within the window and click activate. Once you have done that, you’re all set – just allow the game to complete the download process and you’ll be blasting off to the Universe in no time!
• If you DON’T have a LEGO.com account, don’t worry! Making a new account couldn’t be easier, and can be done directly from within the Patcher! If you wish to make a new account, simply click the button that says “Sign Up” and you will be taken to a signup page. Simply enter the Username and Password you wish to use, as well as your birthday (don’t worry, if your parents don’t allow you to enter your real one, you can discuss with them about using a not-so-real one ;)). Once you have entered all of this, you will see a button that says “Confirm Birthday” – simply click this and you will be taken to the next step in the process. All that is required at this point is your email (if you don’t want to use your real one, you can create one here if you have your parents’ permission) and your acceptance of the LEGO.com Terms of Service. Once you have done this, all that’s left is to click “Activate”, and you’re “in like Flynn”, as they say. 😛
5. Enjoy the game! Once you have done all this and once the game has finished downloading, you are ready to enter the Universe! Please note that without a paid membership, you will only have access to The Venture Explorer – which you can only visit once, so make the most of it! – and Avant Gardens. You will also be restricted in a few other areas, such as chatting and a 10,000 coin limit. But don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll still have a blast – you’ll have a lot more than I did when Beta hit day one!
Free to Play accounts are NOT allowed to receive or use the Beta Tester shirt. Only paid members can obtain the item. In addition, Customer Support does NOT provide item-related support for Free Trial players.
If you want to experience the entire Universe, you can buy a membership over at LEGOUniverse.com – it only costs $10/mo!* Alternatively, however, you can enter my Free Trial Celebration Contest for the chance to win a FREE month of all-access membership! (Please ask your parents for permission before entering!)
See you in the Universe, explorers!
*Price differs from country to country, and may or may not be available in all countries. 6-Month and 12-Month memberships are also available at varying prices. Purchase of a subscription will automatically draft your credit or debit card each month – if you want to buy only month alone, you must purchase a game card! For full details and information, click here (Game Cards) or click here (Subscription)!